Sunday, April 18, 2010

another casualty of society,

I don't want to waste my time, honestly.

Last night I was debating on what to do with my future, and you know what? I think I know what direction I want to take. I've always been pushed to go in the direction of science, and I will admit that wouldn't be a bad idea considering I'm rather good in that subject, but it's too much work for me. I know I wouldn't do it. I'm good at it, but I don't necessarily like it (that's where the work comes in, I'd have to push myself). This is why I've decided that I'm going to go into the direction of my passion, art.

I've even changed my courses for grade 11 based on this. What used to be : math, english (obvs.) spanish2, anthro, chemistry, biology, physics and visual arts, is now: math, english, spanish2, visual arts, media arts, comtech, astronomy and hospitality and tourism. Why astronomy though? When I was younger I used to love the stars, constellations, etc. I feel that bringing that back will help me realize who I am, how I used to be before corrupted by other people. I wish that I took french again this year, so that I could take french11, (languages are also my passion, culture etc) but I don't want to be in a grade 10 class while in grade 11 just so I can get up there.

p.s. I live in Canada so French is our second language. Not many schools have the option of learning Spanish, lucky for me when I my trip to Mexico gave me the love of the language, I was able to continue learning because I attend a high school which included the programme.

All in all, I hope that my 11th year (which is technically my 13th year -with junior and senior kindergarten in the count) will help me see which area of art I would like to take. And hopefully, I'll be able to take part in the Integrated Arts programme my school has :)

webcam shot

This is a poor excuse to show my creative side. However, I will state that ambidexterity rules =D


"I don't wanna waste my time,
become another
casualty of society.
I'll never fall in
line,
become another victim of your
conformity
and back down."

Fat Lip by Sum 41

No comments:

Post a Comment